Search This Blog

Friday, March 4, 2011

Easy Dijon-Crusted Salmon

Jill
I hear a lot that some people are afraid to cook fish at home, but fresh fish is actually one of the easiest things you can make. When I moved into my first apartment, I was completely new to cooking and I harbored some of these same fears. I figured salmon would be my best bet since I was pretty familiar with it, plus it completely changes color when it's been cooked. I went on a bit of a googling frenzy and I ended up in the possession of one of the easiest, most delicious salmon recipes I've ever tried (still to this day).

This recipe calls for THREE ingredients. It's also ready in just 10 minutes, so combine those two factors and you have yourself a really healthy, delicious dinner that's ready in about the same time it will take you to throw together a salad or a side. Since your main flavors in this dish are salmon and dijon, it's really important that you get a really good quality grainy dijon mustard. Once broiled, it forms a flavorful crust on top of the fish and it really seals in a ton of flavor while keeping the fish from drying out.


Easy Dijon-Crusted Salmon

Grainy dijon mustard
Salmon fillets
Soy sauce

Preheat the broiler. If your broiler is inside the regular oven, cover a baking tray with foil and spray with non-stick spray. If the broiler is in a separate drawer, spray your broiler tray.

Coat the entire top of the fillet

Brush the fish with dijon mustard, making sure to cover the entire top surface. Once covered, sprinkle the fish lightly with a little soy sauce. Broil the fish for 10 minutes. I like to serve this with spinach or baby potatoes and a cucumber salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment